Monday, April 30, 2018

Night Sky Photography -- 04-30-2018 -- Full Moon Rising & Jupiter

Good evening, y'all!

This evening I managed to take some really great shots of the full moon rising in the east just past its closest meeting with Jupiter, which has been moving closer to Luna from our perspective over the last few nights. In actuality, Jupiter is nearing its opposition with Earth (May 9th of this year) where we will be between the largest planet in the solar system and the sun.


About a half hour before catching Jupiter and Luna rising over the treetops, I also managed to get a very good shot of our sister planet, Venus, just after sunset over the town of Richburg, South Carolina. Contrasted with the town's bright lights and the dusk, the bright evening star came out really well I believe.




Please let me know what y'all think of my photos in the comments, and as always, keep looking to the evening skies, y'all!


No comments: