Sunday, April 29, 2018

My Rain-Drenched Trip To Virginia -- Part Six -- Cooter's Place Dukes Of Hazzard Museum In Luray, VA

One of my favorite places that I stopped at in Virginia was Cooter's Place Dukes of Hazzard Museum just outside of Luray, Virginia.

The museum is one of several in the American South that houses artifacts and memorabilia dedicated to The Dukes of Hazzard, an American action-comedy television series that was aired on CBS from January 26, 1979, to February 8, 1985 -- and a personal childhood favorite show of this blogger.


One of the Hazzard County Sheriff's uniforms
worn by Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane
(actor James Best) on the show.
The gift shop.
Yours truly behind the wheel....and no I didn't crawl in
through the window. This was one of the original 1969
Dodge Chargers used on the television show. Truly a dream
come true for this Southern boy.
Signatures of the cast of The Dukes Of Hazzard inside
on the dashboard of the General Lee.

The cast of The Dukes of Hazzard TV series.


After leaving Cooter's Place (quite reluctantly) I made my way back west towards the small town of New Market, Virginia and my final stop on this rain drenched trip to Virginia, which I will conclude in my next blog post. 

No comments: