Sunday, April 29, 2018

My Rain-Drenched Trip To Virginia -- Part Five -- The Car And Carriage Caravan Museum, Luray, VA

After finishing my tour of Luray Caverns, I decided to visit one of the most popular sites on location. The Car and Carriage Caravan Museum features an impressive collection of over 140 items relating to early transportation including a Conestoga wagon and an 1892 Mercedes-Benz, one of America's most outstanding displays of rare vintage vehicles, as well as one of the country's oldest transportation museums.


US World War I posters (circa 1917-1918).
US Military "Doughboy" Uniform WWI 1918.


As a classic automobile lover, I truly enjoyed the walking tour of this outstanding automotive museum. My next stop on my return trip would also feature another classic automobile -- or rather one of several iconic vehicles that took me back to my childhood, which I will talk about in my next blog post.

No comments: