Sunday, July 14, 2019

Visiting Repticon 2019 In Conord, North Carolina




Greetings and Salutations, Y'all!

On Saturday, July 13th, my travels took me back to North Carolina to visit Repticon 2019 at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center in Concord, North Carolina.  

Repticon is a series of two-day reptile and exotic animal conventions running throughout more than 20 Southern and Midwestern U.S. states & over 50 cities. Repticon conventions feature animal breeders from around the country, vendors offering top quality reptile pets from around the world, live animal encounters, a great mix of exhibitors and vendors displaying all types of reptile and exotic pet products and merchandise, and hands-on live animal presentations that are educational and fun for the whole family. 

Repticon conventions attract tens of thousands of local reptile lovers and herpetology enthusiasts, like yours truly, every weekend. 

This time I was thankful that I didn't have to personally drive through Charlotte's traffic to get to the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center in Concord, North Carolina. My sister was driving....DOOM!!! Actually my sister drives pretty well and I fear her driving far less than I do the driving of the yahoos up in Nascar Hall Of Fame country. We did have a near miss from one guy who was in a hurry, but otherwise arrived at our destination safely. Since I wasn't driving I was able to get a couple of really good passing shots of Charlotte's tallest buildings. 



The following are the photos I took at Repticon Charlotte. 
 

Caleab and J.T. Morris in front of the giant
inflated Cobra.
Caleab, Olivia, and J.T. admiring the snakes and
monitor lizards.
Yours truly standing at the big snake at the entrance
with a very small photo-bomber that I didn't know
was there until after I downloaded the pictures, LOL!

Once again I hope y'all enjoyed my photos. We had a wonderful time and the boys learned some really amazing things about these great animals. I also learned a few outstanding things about Bearded Dragons I didn't know before. 

Also my sister added a new addition to the family, one of the rabbits we saw earlier -- the gray one from the photos.  She named her Darla, after one of the Little Rascals.

Please let me know what y'all think of my photos in the comments section below. Until next time, have a wonderful Dixie Day and y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments: