Sunday, January 13, 2019

My Trip To Ichibancon 10




Hello everyone!

Ichibancon is Charlotte's anime, gaming, and Japanese culture convention, taking place in January of every year. Its the second largest anime convention in the Carolinas, and caters to all ages and fans new and old.

This was my second visit to Ichibancon (see HERE for my previous visit). While I cannot say I had the same sort of unique experience I had the previous year -- I did get several complements on my kilt though -- I did have a good time and met many wonderful anime and gamer cosplayers. The dedication these folks put into their costumes and the passion they have for what they do is outstanding. 

The following are the pictures I took from this year's convention on Friday, January 11th.


The Embassy Suites Hotel in Concord, North Carolina.
The annual venue for Ichibancon.
Oh man right in the feels!
Fans of Full Metal Alchemist will get the joke.
Shego from Disney's Kim Possible.
Probably my favorite female
cosplayer of the event.
Princess Mononoke cosplayer.
Outstanding Black Panther costume!
Thanos cosplayer...I actually had two
photos of him, but he snapped and one
disappeared. LOL!
Appa! One of my favorite characters from
Avatar The Last Airbender.
Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer.
Teen Titans cosplayers.
I do believe these three ladies are my top favorites.
Miss Kazuha Oda of the Japanese 3 piece rock
band Kazha was once again in attendance.

My favorite part of the trip this year was the chance to sit in on a panel featuring one of my favorite voice actors, the talented Mr. Steve Blum. He has done the voice acting of dozens of characters, including providing the English voice of bounty hunter Spike Spiegel from the outstanding anime series Cowboy Bebop -- this blogger's all-time favorite anime series. 

He autographed the Cowboy Bebop poster that I purchased last year at Ichibancon 9, which once again hangs framed on my office wall.


Voice actor Steve Blum, best known as the voice
of Spike Spiegal in the anime series Cowboy Bebop,
this blogger's all-time favorite anime series.
Voice actor Vic Mignogna, best known as the English
voice of Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist was also
signing autographs. Unfortunately I was unable to
get his this time. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
is also a favorite anime of mine.
The many characters voiced by Steve Blum.
My three favorites are: Spike from Cowboy Bebop,Zeb Orrelios from Star Wars: Rebels,
and Blunk from W.I.T.C.H.

Overall I had a wonderful time hanging out with fellow anime and gamer fans, as well as meeting several wonderful cosplayers, fursuiters, and other assorted fans and celebrities. Above all, I got the souvenir that I wanted. 

My autographed poster now hangs framed on my
office wall.
Carl..."Bang" (Cowboy Bebop line.)

Have a wonderful Dixie Day and y'all come back now, ya hear?




No comments: