Monday, January 07, 2019

Night Sky Photography -- 01-07-2019 -- Very Young Moon In Western Sky

Greetings and Salutations fellow stargazers!

This evening I was pleased to see the clouds spread apart just long enough for me to get two good shots of the very first Very Young Moon of 2019. 




In both photos you can see the slender waxing crescent of the moon in the clearing between the clouds about an hour after sunset, or so. In the first photo you see the first moon phase following the New Moon as it appears in the dusk. 

In the second photo you can see the outline of the moon covered in Earth's shadow with the small crescent of sunlight visible on the lunar surface. 

I was truly fortunate that the sky cleared up long enough for me to get these two shots. I hope y'all enjoyed these photos. 

Have a wonderful evening and keep looking to the night skies, y'all. 

No comments: