Friday, October 12, 2018

South Carolina State Fair 2018

Greetings everyone!

On Wednesday, October 10th, my travels took yours truly and my two favorite nephews to the opening day of the 2018 South Carolina State Fair.  

In previous blog posts I have talked about the history of this annual event that takes place every mid-October in Columbia. This year I brought my sister's boys with me. 

Despite the weather, which was largely overcast with a couple of light drizzles, the boys had a wonderful time. They enjoyed the rides of course, but they also enjoyed the other events offered at the fair, including the handicrafts, the food, the animals, the famous annual SC State Fair sand sculpture, and other displays -- including the return of the dinosaurs! 

Here are the photos I took from our day at the fair -- including a few of yours truly sporting my official Svengoolie glow-in-the-dark t-shirt once again.


My nephews J.T. & Caleab Morris at the entrance
of the South Carolina State Fairgrounds.


It began to rain again about a little after 8PM and so we called it a day and headed home. 

Well I hope y'all enjoyed these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them and spending time with my nephews and watching them have a good time at the South Carolina State Fair. 

As always have a wonderful Dixie day, and y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments: