Friday, October 06, 2017

Night Sky Photography -- 10-05-2017 -- The October Harvest Moon

Greetings Fellow Stargazers!

As I mentioned in my previous full moon post, the first full moon following the autumn equinox is the Harvest Full Moon. This year the first full moon following the first day of fall takes place in October. 

Just after sunset I was able to take a pair of nice low eastern horizon shots, one just above and between the treetops, and the other between the branches of the tree. 



I can think of no better way to start out one of my favorite months of the year than a beautiful full moon rising. A Halloween full moon would be better, but alas, the next full moon won't be until the evening of November 3rd and 4th of this year. That will be the Hunter's Full Moon, and incidentally the second largest full moon of 2017. 

Well folks, I hope y'all enjoyed my photos of the Harvest Moon of 2017 and until next time, keep your eyes to the skies, y'all hear? 

No comments: