Friday, September 29, 2023

Night Sky Photography -- 09-29-2023 -- The Full Super Harvest Moon & The Outer Planets

Good morning fellow Stargazers!

Early this morning I was awake to capture some great shots of four of the largest outer planets in our Solar System in the night sky dome with the final Supermoon of 2023.

The first Full Moon after the fall equinox is most famously called the Harvest Moon in North America. Because its also the last of four Supermoons of the year, its also the Full Super Harvest Moon.
The last Supermoon is roughly around 224,658 miles (or 361,552 km) from Earth and appears about 5% bigger and about 13% brighter than the average full moon.

The Harvest Moon of 2023 sits between the planets Uranus and Jupiter to the east, and Neptune and Saturn to the west. Jupiter and Saturn are easy to spot in the clear skies, but Uranus and Neptune -- which are close to Jupiter and Luna respectively -- I highlighted when I labeled my photos.




I hope y'all enjoyed my final night sky and planetary photos of the month of September and the first ones of the fall season here in North America respectively. Looking forward to next month and my favorite holiday of the year.

No comments: