Sunday, April 18, 2021

My Trip To SC Comicon 2021

Yours truly and an awesome Chewbacca cosplayer at SC
Comicon 2021
at the Greenville Convention Center, Greenville,
South Carolina.
 

Greetings & Salutations, Y'all!

Today's post is one I a quite pleased to share with y'all, as its my first serious public event since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic last year, which put a real damper on my public outings and subsequent photojournalism.

On Saturday, April 17th, my travels once again took me further into upstate South Carolina to Greenville to the T.D. Convention Center near the airport to attend SC Comicon 2021 -- my first convention since the outbreak.

Despite the ongoing pandemic, the convention went ahead with all the proper safety precautions and protocols being implemented, of course.

I'm pleased to say that the four hours I spend there was well worth the trip as always. Your favorite blogger met with a number of outstanding cosplayers and comic book writers, as well as picked up a couple of small mementos of the day -- mostly autographed copies of several graphic novels that I brought along.

Most of all thought was hanging out in the fellowship of my fellow nerds, comic enthusiasts, and fandom fans. It was estimated that as many as 9,000 people attended the convention on Saturday. That's a little less than last time, but considering the pandemic and fears of public gatherings in these times quite understandable.

Here are some of the photos that I took of the convention and the wonderful fans and cosplayers that I met along my journey.




The Dracula Car From The Munsters TV Series.


The highlight of my trip to SC Comicon 2021 was meeting several of the media guests in attendance.

Among these was actor Tyler Mane, famous for portraying the mutant Victor Creed/Sabertooth in the 2000 hit superhero film, X-Men and as the serial killer Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie 2007 remake of the classic slasher film, Halloween.

The other two that I were even more anxious to meet were WWE Hall of Fame wrestlers: Jerry "The King" Lawler and Jake "The Snake" Roberts, both of whom I've been fans of for most of my life. Getting to meet them was a real joy for me.

Your favorite blogger with actor Tyler Mane famous for playing
Michael Myers from Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)
and sequel Halloween II (2009).

Me posing with WWE Hall of Famer Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Me with WWE Hall of Famer (and probably one of the best
color commentators in wrestling history) Jerry "The King" Lawler.


Well folks, there y'all have it, my photo tour of SC Comicon 2021 in Greenville, South Carolina. I hope y'all enjoyed my photos as much as I always enjoy sharing my travel experiences with all of y'all.

Be sure to let me know what y'all thought in the comments section, and I'll leave y'all with this final photo of me posing with some furry friends.


Fursuiters are always fun to hang around with.



Have a wonderful Dixie Day and y'all come back now, ya hear!

1 comment:

Bellamy said...

Hi! This is so cool, what’s cooler is that I am in one of these photos! I am in the samurai dress and with the horns!