Sunday, September 20, 2020

Carl's Famous "Better Than Sex" Spaghetti



Greetings and Salutations, Y'all! 
 
One of the best dishes that my family and friends both swear by is this blogger's famous "Better Than Sex Spaghetti" named so after a complement I received from a former co-worker that I fixed some for who thoroughly enjoyed it; declaring in her ecstasy that it was better than the sex she'd previously had the night before. Apparently my recipe for spaghetti had a profound emotional impact on her -- or she simply had a really lousy partner? 
 
Well, in my case, my spaghetti recipe has gotten me through many a lonely night, sitting in my recliner and watching old horror films, or action movies. While I cannot personally claim I got the same reaction from eating it as those infrequent occasions I've enjoyed some naughty bedroom fun, I will say that it's really damn good spaghetti. 
 
If y'all want to find out how good it compares for yourselves, feel free to try it out. 

Ingredients

1 1/4 lb. Ground Hamburger
1 Cup Diced Green & Colored Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, & Orange)
1 Garlic Clove (or minced garlic)
1/2 Cup Diced Onions 
8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms 
3 Cans (15 oz.) Tomato Sauce
1 Can (15 oz.) Diced Tomatoes 
1 Can (6 oz.) Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon White Cooking Wine
1 Tablespoon Rootbeer
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Basil 
1/4 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Peppermint leaves
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Sugar
A small squirt of Ketchup
 
Cooking Instructions

Cook the hamburger meat, green and colored bell peppers, garlic, onions and mushrooms together ten minutes till meat is brown and vegetables are softened, and then drain. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, with the meat and vegetables and cook
on a medium setting until it comes to a boil.

Once the spaghetti sauce is boiling, reduce the heat slightly and let it simmer on the stove for another for about 30 minutes on the medium setting till it thickens. Add the rest of the condiments while the sauce cooks and keep it stirred in order to avoid the sauce sticking to the pot.

Once the homemade spaghetti sauce is simmering, all that’s left to do is boiling the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions and then, once the spaghetti is done to your liking, drain it and mix the spaghetti in with the sauce and then dish it up.

This recipe makes enough to feed one serving to about 6 to 8 people.
 
Total preparation and cooking time runs about 45 to 50 minutes, but its well worth the time I can promise y'all that. I also like to serve my spaghetti with garlic bread, or Texas Toast.

Try it out of yourselves and let me know what y'all thought of the recipe in the comments section. Enjoy!

No comments: