Sunday, June 07, 2020

Beautiful Blue Jays In My Yard & Birdfeeders

Coastal Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata cristata) mother and chick
hanging out in the rosebush outside my bedroom window.

Good morning, Y'all!

Yesterday, I was treated to a lovely sight in my front yard and bird feeder -- several beautiful Blue Jays making their late spring appearance, including a mother and chick in my rose bush.

The Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) -- or Jaybird as they are sometimes called -- is a passerine bird in the family Corvidae, native to eastern North America. It resides through most of eastern and central United States. There are four distinct subspecies of this bird. Here in South Carolina we have the Coastal Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata cristata).  

Here are the shots that I was able to capture of these remarkably beautiful birds. 




Juvenile Blue Jay in my rosebush.

I hope y'all enjoyed my photos, please let me know in the comments section below.

Have a wonderful Dixie Day and y'all come back now, ya hear!

No comments: