Sunday, June 16, 2019

Attending Heroescon 2019 With My Sister's Kids



Well folks, its that time of the year again! 

Once again Heroescon arrived at the Charlotte Convention Center and, once again, your favorite blogger braved Interstate 77 and the traffic of downtown Charlotte, North Carolina to attend. 

However, this year's trip was different for two reasons. 

The first was that this year I decided to go on the first day of the event on Friday, June 14th rather than on Saturday, or Sunday. It turned out the con was far less crowded on the first day. While that was good in terms of helping me cope with the noise levels due to my autism issues, it did mean less cosplayers though -- although there were some really good ones that day.

The second was that this trip I was not alone. Accompanying me were my nephews, Jacob Tyler (J.T.) and Caleab Morris. This was their very first comic con ever, and both of them really enjoyed themselves. 

The artwork, exhibits, and wonderful people attending were all exceptional, as always. I was a bit bummed that one of the artists I wanted to meet cancelled out a few days before, but I was able to acquire the autographs of several others, including syndicated comic artist, Mr. Bill Amend, who draws one of my favorite comic strips, FoxTrot.

The following are the photos I took from the event. 



Caleab and J.T. Morris with Imperial Scout.

We try to lift Thor's Hammer -- J.T. was the only one who managed to lift it.

The boys checking out Ecto 1.
"Zuuuuuuuuul!"
Caleab enjoying trying out the VR headset.
My two favorite cosplayers of this trip portraying
Link and Zelda.
Yours truly posing with Rocket Raccoon from
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
The highlight of my trip was getting FoxTrot
creator, Mr. Bill Amend's autograph.

We left just before the event closed for the day around 7 PM EST and on the way back to the interstate, I had to pull over and capture a great shot of the Waxing Gibbous Moon over the tallest buildings in downtown Charlotte.




The boys had an awesome time and really enjoyed their very first comic convention. I hope y'all also enjoyed taking this trip with us through my photography. Let me know in the comments section. 

Until next time, have a wonderful Dixie day, and y'all come back now, ya hear? 


No comments: