Friday, March 15, 2019

South Carolina Comicon 2019


Greetings and Salutations fandom fans!

On Saturday, March 9th, my travels took me back to Greenville, South Carolina to once again attend SC Comicon 2019. 

The weather was rainy the whole way there, though thankfully the rain slacked off to a light drizzle when I arrived. All the same I did end up catching a small 24 hour bug following the trip that ended up making me sick enough to miss work the next day. 

However, given the fun time I had and my main reason for going, I consider it a pretty fair trade off. 

The following are the photos I took from my visit to SC Comicon 2019 at the Greenville Convention Center.







"I wanna drive too, but I have these
really stubby little arms!"

Thank you for the photo Mario and Luigi,
but your princess is in another castle.
No thanks, I'm not hungry.
Have y'all seen any Daleks around here?




Professors Dumbledore & McGonagall cosplayers
from the Harry Potter franchise.
Chewie wanted a hug. I gave it to him.
My back hasn't been the same since.
Rocket Racoon from Marvel's
Guardians of the Galaxy.

These four lovely gals cosplaying the Sailor Scouts
from Sailor Moon.


Three Harley Quinns.

Venellope & Fix-It Felix Jr. cosplayers
from Disney's Wreck It Ralph.
Beautiful Disney's Moana cosplayer.

The highlight of my visit to SC Comicon 2019 was meeting several former WWE Hall of Famers and former NWA/WCW wrestlers in attendance. These were guys that I have known from television since I was a teenager back in the late 80s and early 90s, and cheered on as babyfaces (good guy wrestlers) and booed as heels (bad guy wrestlers).

One in particular was none other than WWE Hall of Famer and best selling author, Mick Foley (aka Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love), a personal favorite of mine from his early years in WCW as Cactus Jack in the late 80s and later on in ECW and the WWF/E. 

One of my personal favorites, WWE Hall of Famer and former
member of the Four Horsemen stable,
Mr "Double-A" Arn Anderson.
Yours truly posing with WWE Hall of Famer Road Warrior
Animal of the Legion Of Doom tag team.
My favorite moment of SC Comicon 2019, meeting best
selling author and WWE Hall of Famer, Mr Mick Foley (aka
Cactus Jack/Dude Love/Mankind).
I totally Had A Nice Day -- "Bang Bang!"

I hope y'all enjoyed my photos as much as I enjoy sharing them. My next fandom photos will hopefully be in June when I return to Charlotte, North Carolina for HeroesCon 2019.

Until next time have a wonderful Dixie day, and y'all come back now, ya hear?  


No comments: