Friday, November 25, 2016

Night Sky Photography - 11-25-2016 - Luna & Jupiter In Predawn Sky




I woke up fairly early in the morning after Thanksgiving Day to get a great photo through the trees of the pairing of the waning crescent moon and the king planet Jupiter in the predawn sky. The photo was taken about an hour before sunrise at 6:23 AM EST. 

Two days before I stopped over at the South Carolina I-77 Visitors Center in Fort Mill, South Carolina after a trip to Pineville, North Carolina to do some pre-Thanksgiving shopping -- a bad idea given the huge amount of holiday traffic! There I took this photo of the daytime quarter moon. The plane in the shot was coming down for a landing at the nearby Charlotte Douglass International Airport about five miles to the north. The moon was perfectly situated over the flight landing path. 


I hope everyone enjoyed these photos and the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. 

No comments: