Friday, May 12, 2017

Night Sky Photography -- 05-10-2017 -- Full Flower Moon

Greetings fellow stargazers! 

On Wednesday, May 10th, I woke up early and was able to get a pair of really awesome photos of Luna -- now a full moon -- setting in the southwestern sky. 



The second full moon of the spring equinox is often referred to in North America as: the Flower Moon, the Planting Moon, or the Milk Moon.  

Later that evening I got another picture of Luna rising over the town of Chester's Evergreen Cemetery. 


My final shot of the risen full moon was taken in downtown Chester city square with the local Civil War memorial and city buildings in the foreground. 

May 10th in South Carolina is also recognized as Confederate Memorial Day -- as I mentioned in the previous blog post -- so the shot with the Confederate Soldiers' Monument with Luna shining brightly in the clouds in the background I felt was a really nice touch. 
 

Well folks, once again I hope you enjoyed my photos.

Have a wonderful day, and keep looking at the skies, y'all!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That i woke away premature together with was able to get hold of male extremely impressive snap shots for Luna -- these days a detailed silent celestial body preparing during the southwestern fog.