Sunday, October 16, 2016

At The South Carolina State Fair 2016


Greetings and Salutations everyone!

On Friday, October 15th, my travels once again took me back to Columbia to the South Carolina State Fairgrounds. 

If you will recall from my previous post from last year's trip, the South Carolina State Fair is one of my favorite annual passtimes. I never tire of the rides, the handicrafts, the food, or the artwork. 

On the subject of artwork, there were many really good pieces this year devoted to another favorite animal of mine: turtles. I managed to get some great photos of those pieces and many others. 

Also during my trip to the fair, I learned that the classic rock band Lynard Skynyrd would be preforming that evening. During the day I saw several old and new Skynyrd shirts -- many of which depicted the Dixie Cross banner. I did not have the money to purchase tickets to sit in the concert, but I did learn from previous trips to the fair that the loud music sometimes drowns out even the background noise from the fair itself....a fact that I usually find disconcerting and disorienting after a prolonged period of time. Regardless though, I decided to stay at the fair till after sunset this year to listen to the band preform. 

The following are the photos that I took during my visit to the 2016 South Carolina State Fair on Friday, October 14th. 


One-Man Band.
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride Cake.
Yep folks, that's a cake!
RIP Prince.
Love the Scrambler.
Mmmm....
"Forgotten Heroes"
A cross-stitching depiction of a member of the
United States Colored Troops (USCT) circa 1863 - 1865.
One of my favorite pieces.
Lynard Skynyrd fans at the 2016 SC State Fair.
Love the shirts folks!

As evening set in, it was time for the live musical performance of Lynard Skynyrd. I could not afford to get inside, but I did manage to get a couple of good shots from the entrance where others gathered to see what they could and enjoy the loud music. I stayed for a few songs, then it was time for me to head back home.




I could still hear Skynyrd from the parking lot as I drove out. The lights from the fairgrounds were dazzling, but unfortunately my camera was running low on battery power so I could not get a better shot of the nighttime fair lights. 

Overall I do hope y'all enjoyed the photos I took of my day at the 2016 South Carolina State Fair. God Bless and keep y'all, and as always safe travels.

No comments: