Thursday, April 02, 2015

My Day Trip To Greenville, SC. Part Two -- The Greenville Zoo


After leaving the TD Convention Center and SC Comic Con 2015  behind, I went to a nearby Waffle House to refuel and then made my way over to the beautiful Greenville Zoo.

While the Greenville Zoo may not be as large as the Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens in Columbia, SC, I was taken with how clean and well maintained it was, particularly the Reptile House. There was plenty of shade for the animals, and their habitats were cared for professionally. The gift shop was also wonderful and I found a nifty Christmas tree ornament to go with my collection.

The only complain I have about the place was the limited parking for both the zoo and the nearby park. It took about half an hour of circling before I could finally locate a parking space, so I would recommend any potential visitors to arrive earlier in the morning, possibly before 11 AM or so. Other than that, I had a wonderful time viewing the amazing animals on display.

The following are photos taken from my two hour afternoon stay at the Greenville Zoo. 

Please enjoy. 


Following my trip to the zoo, I bid a good afternoon to the city of Greenville, SC and took the hour and a half drive back to Chester County. 

Between the SC Comic Con and the Greenville Zoo, I have to say it was an afternoon well spent.

No comments: