Thursday, June 16, 2022

Night Sky Photography -- 06-14-2022 -- Full Strawberry Supermoon & Constellation Scorpius

Shortly after midnight on Tuesday, June 14th I was able to capture some really good shots of the second of four supermoons for 2022, along with the red star Antares and some of stars of the Constellation Scorpius The Scorpion in the southern horizon.

My first photo shows the full supermoon close to the Antrares -- The Heart of the Scorpion -- in the southern sky. In my second photo I outlined the visible stars of the Constellation Scorpius as it appeared above the tree tops. And my final photo is a closeup of the full supermoon itself showing the details of the visible features of the Moon itself.

The June full moon is known as the Strawberry full moon in the Northern Hemisphere -- making this the Strawberry Supermoon! There will still be two more supermoons in the next two months of the summer of 2022.

No comments: