Saturday, April 06, 2019

Night Sky Photography -- 04-06-2019 -- The Yery Young Moon And....Shoes?!

Good evening fellow stargazers!

This evening after sunset I got my camera and ventured out to a nearby field to get some photos of the first Very Young Moon of spring 2019. 

On my way there while looking up at the position of the moon in the western sky, I spotted something hanging from the telephone and power lines over a road and had to pull over. The surreal sight of a pair of tennis shoes hanging over the lines just over the pencil-thin moon was something I had to get a visual record of. 

So I snapped these pictures: one of them from my vantage point, and the other a close up. Artistic visual aside, it makes you wonder just how those shoes (which appeared to be in fairly good condition) got there in the first place.




A few minutes later I arrived at an open field to snap the next three photos over the course of about 15 minutes as evening turned into dusk. In the close-up you can make out several large craters visible on the barely lit surface of the moon, and the curvature of Luna in the Earth's shadow. In the final photo at dusk, I managed to get a really good shot of the Lunar surface in Earth's shadow.




There you have it fellow stargazers, the first Very Young Moon of spring 2019. I hope y'all enjoyed my photos. Please leave a review below. Have a wonderful Dixie evening and y'all be sure to keep your eyes to the night skies.

No comments: