Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Birds In The Snow

Greetings and Salutations friends and fellow travelers!

Recently we had a little bit of snow here in upstate South Carolina. I spent the time getting some great photographs of the local birds the frequent my bird feeders with the snow as a background to contrast our colorful visitors.

I managed to capture these great shots of four distinct species of birds common to my part of the United States. 


Beautiful Northern Cardinals (Cardinalis cardinalis) sitting in
the snow and ice-covered branches.
The Cardinal is
the official state bird of no fewer than seven eastern state,
particularly North Carolina. 
A lovely Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina).
A beautiful Black-Capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
An American Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura).
These are probably among the most frequent visitors to my
bird feeders.


Well I hope that y'all enjoyed these photos as much as I enjoy sharing them for all of y'all. Please let me know what you think in the comments section below. Thank you again for your visit and y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments: