Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Candlelight Tour At Historic Brattonsville 2016

Greetings and Salutations Y'all!

On Saturday, December 10th, my travels once again took me back to Historic Brattonsville for the annual Christmas Candlelight Tours. This time I traveled with my sister's family -- including my two favorite nephews: Jacob Tyler (J.T.) and Caleab. 

You might remember from last year that I attended the 2015 Christmas Candlelight Tour, the blog post can be seen HERE

The annual evening event draws close to 15,000 people a year to Historic Brattonsville over two weekends in early December. It includes food, bonfires, and traditional Christmas music. 

The highlight of course is the candlelight tour itself, an educational recreation by several groups of living history reenactors depicting how Christmas was (and in some cases, was not) kept by pre-Colonial Scots-Irish Presbyterians that settled in the South Carolina Upcountry in the 1700s, then how the practice progressed among area residents on till the mid-1800s and modern-day. 

Here are the photos that I took from the event. Also included in this blog post is a planetary photograph I got of Venus in the early evening sky.


My brother-in-law David, sister Olivia,
& youngest nephew Caleab.
Historic Brattonsville Gift Shop.
Props from the film The Patriot (2000)
filmed largely at Historic Brattonsville.
Venus in the early evening sky over
Historic Brattonsville's Christmas Candlelight Tours.
Yours truly with Tyler & Caleab Morris.
Tyler looks like he is soooo evil here. LOL!
My sister Olivia & Caleab.


As with the previous year, I would like to thanks those volunteers and reenactors who again helped make the 2016 Christmas Candlelight Tours an overwhelming success. I know my nephews loved it, as did my sister and brother-in-law. Tyler especially enjoys learning new things whenever he can, as do I. 

As always, I hope y'all enjoyed this post.



No comments: