Saturday, May 14, 2016

Night Sky Photography - 05-14-2016 - Astronomy Day Luna & Jupiter

Today is Astronomy Day, a world-wide event observed twice a year each spring and fall. On Astronomy Days local astronomical societies, planetariums, museums, and observatories sponsor public viewing sessions, workshops, presentations, and other activities to increase public awareness about astronomy. This day serves to promote better understanding about our amazing solar system and the universe God created.  

The next Astronomy Day for 2016 will take place on October 8th.

My contribute to this spring's Astronomy Day is my latest planetary photograph of Jupiter next to the waxing gibbous moon (Luna). I got a beautiful shot just beneath the tree in my front yard. 


Later this week there will be another planetary meeting between Luna, Jupiter and Mars during this season's Blue Moon. If the weather and clouds cooperate, I will do my best to get photos of the three heavenly bodies over the coming weekend.

No comments: