Friday, September 22, 2017

Night Sky Photography -- 09-22-2017 -- Equinox Waxing Crescent Moon & Jupiter

Good evening stargazers!

This evening I was able to get a pair of spectacular shots of the slender waxing crescent moon with Jupiter low in the western sky about 40 minutes after sunset. This is the first official moon of the autumn equinox for this year. 

I took the shots in downtown Chester, South Carolina facing an intersection with SC Highway 321. The site afforded me a shot with several light poles and a water tower on the horizon. 

The first a wide shot with Luna and the large planet Jupiter in the distance in the dusk with the town backdrop. The second shot is a close up of Luna and Jupiter with the water tower and horizon. 



I hope y'all enjoyed my photos as always. The next ones should be coming up on Tuesday, September 26th when Luna meets the distant wanderer, Saturn, almost an hour after sunset. Good weather and clear skies permitting, I will try and have those shots ready for y'all. 

Have a good evening and as always, keep looking to the skies, y'all!

No comments: