Mission Of This Blog


The overall mission statement of this blog is to share many unique topics of this blogger's interest; promoting though education the uniquely positive values of Southern history, heritage, and cultural identity. Topics include (but are not limited to):
Southern Cultural Heritage, Local History of the South Carolina Upstate, Confederate Heritage Preservation & Awareness, Americana, Nature & Wildlife Preservation, Science & Science Fiction, Astronomy & Night Sky Photography, Literacy & Writing, Travel & Local Places Of Interest, Southern Cuisine, Popular Culture & Philosophy, Classic Animation Nostalgia, Fandom ....as well as various other topics explained from the blogger's point of view. The following website contains the UNCENSORED thoughts and opinions of a Southern-born country writer from upstate South Carolina - the living, beating heart of the great American Southland! Please enjoy and feel free to post comments, or contribute to this blog in any meaningful way.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Planetary Photography - 08-12-2016 - The Waxing Gibbous Moon & Planetary Triangle!

This evening I was able to get a shot of the waxing gibbous moon (Luna) with the planets Saturn and Mars with the bright star Antares completing the trinity in an amazing triangle. 


I took the photo in a field near my house. Unfortunately I was unable to get a good background shot of any trees for scale. 

I'm going to return later after midnight to try and get at least one good shot of the Perseid Meteor Shower, though I don't hold out any real hope with the crappy camera I have. Still you never know till you try.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE! 08-13-2016

As expected I was unable to get any good shots of the meteor shower. Sorry folks! I swear I am going to get a faster camera at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment